I typically really feel I’m at my most artistic and productive once I’m working in an uncluttered and arranged surroundings, so I’m all the time looking out for useful (however ever fairly) methods to maintain the muddle at bay. And that’s why I really like these washi tape wrapped storage bins. They’re colourful, straightforward and reasonably priced to make, and maintain all my craft odds and ends saved away. I really like them a lot, I’d make up a number of extra and use them to wrap presents–in lieu of wrapping paper.
- Plain field with lid
- Washi tape in numerous colours, widths, patterns, and finishes
1. Select the order you’d just like the washi tape colours to be utilized in. Wrap the primary washi tape colour horizontally alongside the highest perimeter of the field starting at one of many corners.
2. After wrapping all the perimeter, trim the washi tape strip straight up and down in order that it meets the opposite finish and completes the band.
three. Proceed wrapping the field with washi tape rows till the field is totally coated.
four. Begin on the field prime by lining the outer perimeter with washi tape. I minimize the corners at forty five diploma angles for a cleaner, chamfered look (relatively than overlapping the sq. corners).
5. Proceed working your method into the middle of the field prime with totally different colours of tape.
6. If you attain the middle, minimize a tape sq. simply giant sufficient to cowl the middle opening, as I did with the yellow washi tape above.
7. Lastly, line the lip of the field prime with one other colour of washi tape. End the top with a vertical minimize. Press all tape down firmly.