Paper star lanterns may be noticed shining shiny in Scandinavian residence home windows come December as a method to welcome household and buddies on darkish winter nights. Initially a Nordic custom, star lanterns are discovering their means into houses throughout the globe, and for good cause–they’re lovely and price range pleasant!
- 1 Sheet of poster board
- 1 Ikea cord light set
- Low temperature mild bulb
- 1/eight″ gap punch
- X-acto knife
- Chopping mat
- Pen or pencil
- Clear tape
- Star Lantern Template: Obtain HERE.
1. Print the template. Minimize out the star and octagon utilizing a mixture of scissors, X-acto knife, and gap punch.
2. Hint two stars and one octagon on the bottom of the poster board.
three. Minimize out the celebs and octagon, together with the slits on the middle of the octagon (the slits will maintain the sunshine bulb/twine package).
four. Place the octagon face down in your work floor so the brief ends level to the highest and backside of your work floor. Fold the highest and backside edges again 1/four″.
5. Tape the octagon’s flap to the bottom of the highest level of the star, positioned above the four-pointed star and under the three circles.
6. Tape the gold aspect of the octagon to the star as properly. Repeat Steps 5 & 6 with the opposite star, so the octagon is suspended between the 2 stars.
7. Feed the sunshine bulb/twine set by means of the opening created by the slits on the middle of the octagon. Plug within the mild and grasp on the window.