Displaying magnets and photographs on the fridge helps makes our houses really feel a bit extra private and like a catalog photograph shoot. However too many incongruous parts on the fridge door can have a cluttered, messy, and fewer than fairly impact. So why not change out these mismatched magnets for a set of playful, prismatic ones, and switch your fridge into an interactive artwork set up with these DIY prismatic magnets?
- Polygon magnet printable templates: Template #1 & Template #2
- Vinyl-faced (paintable) magnetic sheet, 12″ x 24″
- Satin or excessive-gloss acrylic paint in a 6 or 7 colours
- Self-therapeutic slicing mat
- 1″ paint brush
- Metallic ruler
- Artist’s knife
- Everlasting marker
1. Reduce out the polygon shapes from each the templates.
2. Use the paper templates as a information to hint the polygon shapes onto the white aspect of the magnet sheet with a everlasting marker. I traced four small diamonds, 2 small hexagons, and one every of the massive hexagon, giant elongated polygon, and small elongated polygon. Be happy to hint additional polygons for extra design choices.
three. Paint polygon shapes with acrylic paint in numerous colours, and permit to dry utterly. Satin or excessive gloss acrylic paint is greatest, because it’s simpler to wipe down in a kitchen setting.
Don’t fear about portray contained in the strains, as you’ll minimize them out subsequent.
four. Rigorously, minimize out all polygon shapes with an artist’s knife and metallic ruler.
5. Organize the magnets in your fridge, overlapping and connecting them to create a enjoyable design.
6. Add in playing cards and photographs should you please or depart the magnets as stand alone fridge artwork!