Bottle slicing might appear to be a troublesome venture for the novice DIYer however is definitely simpler than one may assume. With the correct bottle cutter, a number of provides you probably have already got available at house, and these straightforward steps you can also make your personal set of bottle wine glasses, beer bottle vases and extra!
- beer bottle (or different glass bottle)
- bottle cutter (out there on-line)
- thick gloves
- giant sauce pan
- thick grit sanding paper
- skinny grit sanding paper
1. Begin by eradicating the label off your beer bottle. Utilizing heat water, dish cleaning soap and a tough sponge till the label is all the best way off. Dry off the bottle utterly. Begin a big sauce pan of water boiling that you’ll use later.
2. As soon as the bottle is prepped, decide how giant you desire to your vase to be and modify your glass cutter to measurement. Rating the bottle by rolling the bottle on the blade and roll all the best way across the bottle.
three. After scoring the bottle, utilizing your heavy gloves, place your bottle into the boiling water and submerge till the road of the rating. Roll the bottle a number of occasions and depart submerged for no less than 30 seconds. Throughout this time begin a trickle of cool water within the sink.
four. Subsequent pull the bottle from the recent water and place beneath the trickle of chilly water and spin the bottle round so the water covers the scored space. The bottle ought to break at this level. If it doesn’t, repeat steps three and four till the bottle breaks evenly on the rating line.
5. After the bottle breaks, use your sand paper to clean down even out the sting of the vase (backside half of the bottle). Use the thick grit sand paper first to actually even out the rating and the skinny grit paper to clean the sides.
Repeat for extra vases as desired. Use your completed bottle bottoms as vases for flowers, consuming glasses, or candle holders- so many prospects. Create them in numerous colours or sizes for enjoyable and fascinating units! Apply the identical idea for giant bottles corresponding to wine or champagne bottles as nicely!