Through the years, it perhaps a bit of too straightforward to gather a menagerie of paint samples leftover from house renovations and DIY tasks handed. As an alternative of tossing that file folder of colourful goodness, why not put these swatches to work as graphic artwork? Colourful paint swatches when positioned aspect-by-aspect make such the hanging and playful assertion. Simply three supplies are all you’ll have to create a customized artwork piece in your house in beneath a 1/2 hour. I imply, what’s to not love?
- Clean material-wrapped canvas. Right here we’ve used a 24″ x 24″ sq. canvas. (Out there at most artwork and craft shops.)
- Paint swatches in quite a lot of colours. To create a constant grid sample, it’s greatest in the event that they’re all the identical model with a uniform measurement and form. You might have to make a run to the paint or residence enchancment retailer for multiples of the identical shade.
- Glue dots or any sort of clear adhesive
1. Lay out paint swatches in your canvas: one horizontal row alongside the highest + one vertical column alongside the left edge, leaving am empty border alongside the sides of the canvas.
2. Determine the way you’d wish to format the colours: random, colour gradation, row by row, and so on. Then fill within the paint swatches within the rows and columns outlined in step 1. You’re striving for a constant grid sample, with uniform margins in between swatches. Right here we’ve used a 1/eight″ – 1/four″ margin between swatches.
three. When you’re glad with how the paint swatches are laid out and the colour distribution, apply a glue dot to every swatch and cling to the canvas. If swatches are warped, you may want glue dots in every of the 4 corners to maintain them mendacity flat on the canvas.
four. Discover a clean wall in your house that wants some love, and grasp your accomplished artwork!