Transfer the social gathering from the kitchen to the patio this summer time with this shade-blocked, twin-deal with serving patio tray. Constructed from only a easy wooden board and handles from the ironmongery shop, this summer time-prepared tray is the right vessel for transporting a diffusion of fruit or maybe cocktails outside. Create one in your house in simply an hour and entertain all fresco in fashion all summer time lengthy!
- Wooden board approx. eight″w x 15″l X 1″d. We used hickory wooden, however most any species will do.
- Sandpaper: coarse and advantageous grain
- Oil-based mostly (water-proof) paint
- Paint brush
- Butcher block board conditioner (meals grade)
- Two hardware handles + screws
- Electrical Drill
1. Have the ironmongery shop minimize down the board to your required size.
2. Use coarse-grain sand paper to sand all edges clean. Comply with up with a sanding of wonderful-grain sandpaper.
three. Hand-paint board edges with a pop of yellow paint.
four. Apply board conditioner to the highest and backside of the board with a paper towel. Board conditioner helps put together the board for being wiped down (prevents drying and cracking), in addition to helps conceal knife marks.
5. Mark with a pen or pencil the situation you’d like your hardware positioned.
6. Drill marked places from Step four with an electrical drill bit. Take care to not drill right through the board.
7. Place hardware over drill marks from Step 6, and screw in place.
eight. Use to serve summer time fruit or pair with a ripe pineapple for a killer home warming present!