Going handmade this weekend? These easy pot holders are an awesome newbie’s stitching venture and make a fantastic present so as to add a home made contact to somebody’s kitchen. Give them as a hostess present or in a present baskets with different residence or kitchen goodies!
- half yard of patterned material for the entrance
- half yard of strong material for the again
- insulated interfacing
- stitching scissors and rotary cutter
- straight edge for measuring and slicing
- pins or clips
- stitching machine
1. Begin by slicing a four 10.5 x 10.5 inch squares out of your material utilizing your straight edge and rotary cutter. Minimize 2 of those from the patterned material and a couple of from the strong material. Reduce out 2 extra 10.5 x 10.5 inch squares from the interfacing. The ten.5 inch sq. is the template that we used right here which makes a ten″ sq. pot holder, when you want that yours are smaller you’ll be able to modify your sizes accordingly.
2. Layer your squares for pinning and stitching. Place the interfacing on the underside, the strong material proper aspect up, and the patterned material fallacious aspect up all lined up on prime of one another.
three. Earlier than pinning collectively your squares, minimize a bit of ribbon roughly 2 inches, fold in half and place in between your strong and patterned material on one of many sides. Pin in place.
four. Utilizing clips or pins, fasten collectively your sq. in preparation for stitching.
5. Utilizing your stitching machine, sew round three sides of the squares with a 1/four inch to half inch seam together with the aspect with the pinned ribbon.
6. After you sew across the sq., trim the corners and flip inside out between the sample and strong materials. Fold the underside edges that have been left open inward to make a hem and fasten with pins or clips.
7. Sew a 1/four inch seam across the pot holder. It will fasten collectively the underside seam and provides your pot holders a completed look.
You’ll be able to optionally end off your pot holders with stitching down the middle of the pot holder, quilt it, or depart as is!
Repeat steps 2-7 for the second pot holder to complete off your set! Such a easy undertaking you can also make a bunch in a day.