Take a look at this artistic and low cost approach to retailer your knives. A magnetic knife block lets you show, retailer, and simply entry your kitchen cutlery making this undertaking a double win- it seems nice and is tremendous useful! Cease wrestling round with unfastened knifes within the silverware drawer and eliminate that massive area consuming knife block ASAP and create this undertaking very quickly and little value! Learn on for the directions…
- three/four inch picket block (right here we used a skinny piece of walnut)
- three/four inch forstner drill bit
- tremendous glue
- three/four inch spherical additional heavy obligation magnets (quantity want varies based mostly on how lengthy your picket block is)
- spray lacquer end
- 2 small brackets and four small nails
1. Supply your wooden and reduce to measurement with a noticed if wanted (ours was three/four inch thick, roughly 2.5 inches tall and eight inches lengthy however your size and peak dimensions can differ based mostly in your customized measurement wants). Your native ironmongery shop could possibly do that for you for those who would not have a noticed.
2. Utilizing the drill and the three/four inch forstner bit, drill 2 rows of holes on the again of the picket block. Drill them shut collectively and depress the drill about 1/2 inch in with out penetrating by means of to the entrance in order that the magnets will sit near the entrance floor of the block.
three. As soon as all of the holes are in place, dab tremendous glue into every gap and drop the magnets down into every gap. Make it possible for they’re all dropped in the identical path in order that the knives will magnetize via the wooden. Let the glue and magnets dry in place.
four. As soon as the tremendous glue is dry, use spray lacquer to use a skinny coat of end to the entrance of the block. It will hold the wooden protected over time in case you are sticking a knife to the block that is probably not utterly dry after use or washing.
5. To complete up this undertaking, put 2 brackets on the again of the block to permit for hanging. Hammer brief nails into the brackets to maintain them in place and area them in the direction of every finish of the block to raised help the load of the knives.
As soon as the challenge is completed, place 2 screws with distance measured and spaced based mostly in your bracket placement into the wall or cupboard the place you propose to hold your new knife holder. Cling and stick up your knives!