It’s again to high school we go, and you already know what meaning?! New faculty provides, in fact! So why not begin the yr off proper with distinctive supplies nobody else has by DIY-ing your personal? Nice for notice-taking in non-classroom studying environments, these home-formed clipboards are cheap, straightforward to make, and might be tailor-made to virtually any shade scheme. Not solely are they well timed for again to high school, however they’re additionally nice for grocery purchasing and different moveable record-making conditions. Deliver on that to-do listing!
- 1/eight″ thick hardboard
- Mitre noticed or hand noticed
- T-sq. or ruler
- Marker or pencil
- 2 colours of spray paint
- 1/eight″ broad painter’s tape
- Bulldog clip
- Industrial power adhesive
1. Draw out a 9.5″ x 15″ rectangle on one nook of the hardboard.
2. Measure from the underside fringe of the rectangle and mark 12″ up on each the left and proper sides. Then mark the midpoint of the highest fringe of the rectangle. Join every of the aspect marks to the midpoint forming the “pointed roof” of the clipboard.
three. Use a mitre or hand noticed to chop out the clipboard form.
four. Spray paint home with the paint shade you’d like for the stripes or accent shade. Permit to dry and apply one other coat.
5. For the striped clip board, tape off horizontal stripes each 1.5″ with 1/eight″ painter’s tape. For the “sprinkles” clip board, minimize half″ strips of 1/eight″ painter’s tape and place at random on the clip board. Press down tape firmly to make sure clear paint strains.
6. Spray the taped clip board with the contrasting spray paint colour. 2 coats are really helpful for full protection. Permit to dry and peel off the painters tape to disclose the contrasting accent paint colour.
7. Spray paint the bulldog clip with the paint shade of your selection (2 coats), and glue the bulldog clip to the hardboard with industrial power adhesive. Permit to dry and clip up your favourite pocket book!