In search of a simple, value-efficient approach to transition your own home into Fall? Why not take inspiration from the colorfest that’s occurring proper outdoors your entrance door! By letting the colour, form and texture of the fallen leaves do the heavy lifting, it’s fairly straightforward to create graphic, seasonal artwork on a price range. Return to nature with this festive leaf artwork venture the entire household can partake in!
- Colourful Fall leaves: quite a lot of species, giant and small. I attempted to collect solely leaves that had already fallen from the timber.
- Previous journal
- Heavy books
- Poster board
- Image frames
- Double-sided tape
- Primary crafting supplies: pencil + scissors
1. Gather fallen colourful leaves of all species, sizes and colours. I collected greater than I knew I’d want in order that I’d have choices for laying them out within the frames.
2. Place them flat and uncrowded (don’t overlap) between the pages of an previous journal. Prime with a number of heavy books and depart to dry for a few week.
three. Minimize the poster board right down to the dimensions of your body.
four. As soon as the leaves are dry, rigorously pull the leaves out from between the journal pages, and group them in numerous mixtures and patterns.
5. Format the leaves on the poster board and tweak till you’ve got your required look or sample. Adhere every leaf into place with a small piece of double sided tape. Place the poster board into the body, shut up the again and grasp!
For the symmetrical format, begin with a singular single leaf on the lifeless middle of the body and work your method out to the sides. Create symmetry by imagining a vertical line of symmetry operating down the middle of the poster board and a horizontal line of symmetry operating throughout the middle of the poster board, and place leaves to create a mirror picture throughout the symmetry strains.
The leaves are natural, so the symmetry gained’t be PERFECT, however I feel that’s what provides the artwork distinctive character, and makes it extra visually fascinating.